Being on the island of Koh Phangan where the Full Moon Party takes place once a month, and many other huge parties surrounding the Full Moon Party, I’ve heard many stories. Most people enjoy their time, but there are also plenty of people who don’t have such a great time.
I’ll give you two examples of people I’ve met who have run into some unpleasant situations while partying in Koh Phangan. They serve as examples to know what NOT to do.
Tips on What Not to Do
- Don’t forget to take your hotel info with you. Like the name of your hotel, phone number, and the location. Have it written down on a piece of paper, or grab their business card when you check in. You could save the info. on your phone, but what if your phone battery dies or you lose your phone all together? Don’t take chances and take it in both digital and paper formats.
- Don’t lose your friends. Do keep a close eye on your friends and stick together.
- Don’t take all your cash or your valuables with you. Do put your money, passport, and any other valuables in the safe in your room or at your hotel before you head out to the party. Take a COPY of your passport or ID just in case.
- Don’t leave your bag in random places or with random people. Do keep your bag with you at all times. It’s a good idea to have a crossbody type bag with a zipper so that it’s not easy for people to snatch it off of you or for them to put their hands into easily.
- Don’t ride your scooter/motorbike to the party. It is much safer to take the taxi. It’s not worth the risk of riding a scooter especially knowing how many crazy drunk or high people are going to be on the road. I see way too many people getting into accidents and wrecks and I’m not even on the side of the island where the party happens. It’s simply not worth it!!! Don’t do it!!!